Thursday 31 October 2019

24. Why Master Time?

1: The Daily Reality of Time Usage
2: Interesting Facts About Your Daily Time
3: Get Time Back!
4: Quick Stock Take On My Personal Blog Project
5: The Art of Time Management, Project Management
6: Learn how to Setup and Use a Google Spreadsheet

1: The Daily Reality of Time Usage


Do you feel there isn't enough time in the day?
Is time seeming to speed up?
To understand what is happening you need to analyse what you do with your time.

There are 24 hours in a day and you use time as follows:

  • 8 for sleep
  • 9 for work
  • 2 for meals and getting ready
  • 1 for travel and tasks and 
  • 1 for conversations. 

This leaves you with only 3 hours (180 minutes) a day of free time.

2: Interesting Facts About Your Daily Time


Based upon the above situation:
  • Every 18 minutes you waste represents 10% of your daily free time. 
  • Watching one 60 minute episode of Coro Street represents 33% of your free time 
  • A 120 minute long film represents 66% of the free time in a day. 

Time is just like money, unless you keep track of it, you can lose it.
Time may be disappearing for you because it's slowly being caught up in work, tasks, and entertainment.
It is important to take stock and see if you can claim back some of the time that is disappearing.

3: Get Time Back!

If you can save time, you will get time back!

Comforting Thoughts: If you can save:
  • 1 hour a day, you have increased your free time by 33% & a whopping 7 hours a week!
  • 2 hours a day = 66% and 60 hours a month!

In addition to managing your existing lifestyle, if you were going to live 300 years, then you would want to achieve development projects that:
  • Kept you fit and looking good
  • Educated you
  • Established wealth and renewable income
  • Involved you in Travel
  • Created a lovely Home and Living Style
  • Grew Family and Friends
  • Kept you Mentally Active
So using time effectively is a very important part of the process.

4: Quick Stock Take On My Personal Blog Project

Well I have personally been following my own advice and I am now:
  1. Eating better
  2. Exercising
  3. Planning every day
  4. Taking B Complex + Omega 3 Fish Oil + Magnesium + CO-Q10
  5. Drinking about 1.5 liters of mineral water per day
  6. Writing an average of 2 blogs a day
And it's only been 8 days into the project. People chuckle when I tell them the title of this blog but then they seem to cotton on to the idea. "If I looked after myself better, would I live longer?".
300 is a stretch but I would be happy with say ten extra years of health as opposed to 10 years of the alternative. So what does it take and how far can you take it?

5: The Art of Time Management, Project Management

Okay so I have made my calendar, put it on my phone, and I now know the rules of my day.
The next step is to review my projects, of which I have several. They have been difficult to conclude because... well... you just run out of something. I won't pause to think too much here. If you have engaged in a big project, you may know that there is a wall you hit and for many of us, we don't get over it.

However; I know how to resolve this and to do so, I am going to use a Google Spreadsheet.
To help you learn the process I am going to build a project sheet for this Blog from scratch and show you the concepts and methods I use to keep projects, and other parts of my life, in order.

6: Learn how to Setup and Use a Google Spreadsheet

This video covers the basics. If you haven't already watched it, please do and setup your own Google Sheets as a lot of what I will be doing in future will be using them extensively.



No comments:

Post a Comment