Sunday 27 October 2019

14. Take a look at your Fridge

So when anyone in your house is hungry, the fridge is one of the first places they look.

Here is my fridge.
It looks obsessively organised and yes I did tidy it up a bit but I kind of do this every week.

There are three things to watch out for in a fridge:

  1. Bad food meaning foods that are not healthy
  2. Food going off as this is bad bacteria that can affect other foods or worse, that you unknowingly eat
  3. The fridge containing no food that people can easily eat
A fridge should smell fresh. Throw out old food, clean it with hot water, keep it free of bad bacteria and smells. If you are going to put leftovers in the fridge, be sure to use them or throw them out.
I always put leftovers in glass bowls with plastic lids. This way a) Plastic does not leach into the food, b) Easily clean the bowl c) Easy to see what is in the bowl. d) Fit more in the fridge. And I also review what leftovers there are each day and do my best to clear them up in the next meal I prepare.

One of the biggest errors in fridge management is to overstock it with things you aren't and shouldn't eat.
Keep it fresh, keep it clean, and plan your meals.


I shop two times a week. I do this as early as possible and do it in conjunction with other things.
Always take your own bags. Leave the supermarket bags with the supermarket.
I even have bags for my produce. It is the environmental thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment