Monday 28 October 2019

17 Good Morning :) Forget Breakfast



A premade lunch with 25 gms of protein


Forget Breakfast? He's Mad!

Lunch is the most important meal of the day. I know that is going to be confusing to many people but in a society where the norm is to be overweight, you have to realise that the rules you have been taught are simply wrong.

By holding off eating, it allows your body to go into scavenger mode. Your inbuilt nutritional scavenger system is going to realise that it's not getting bacon and eggs or cornflakes, and will automatically engage 'survival mode' and start running through all your cells cleaning out the rubbish in them so it can burn it as fuel.

As a consequence, all your bodily systems are going to work more effectively, you will lose weight, your thoughts will become clearer, and you will have taken more control of your life.

In the beginning your thoughts are going to be a bit foggy on the idea and your Reptilian Brain is going to do what it has done every day of your life and complain! (It's really just a baby mind.)
But if you hang in there, and take control of it, like letting go of any addiction, in a few weeks everything will settle down and you will wonder why you ever bothered with breakfast.

Instead you will use the breakfast time to be more organised and plan proper nutrition.

This Morning

This morning I got up at 5:00 am after having 6 hour sleep. Felt good, just got up, pulled on my preplanned clothes and went for a walk around my local area . No sluggishness just up. How you feel in the morning is directly proportional to what you did the three or more days before.
If you ate junk food, drank alcohol, stayed up watching tv, didn't exercise, then you are likely going to wake up feeling like a few more hours sleep would be nice. This is the mere fact of the matter.

Your mental frame of mind is a rollercoaster of life's events. Some of them you control and some of them you don't. The more you can control, the more you are going to enjoy life and progress.

To recap on yesterday:
  1. I did not eat until 1:00 pm and stopped eating at 5:00. Total fasting period 17 hours
  2. Ate good food and no meat
  3. Prepared meals for the next 3 days
  4. Exercise 2 times: a morning 1 hour walk and meditation, and in the evening, a 1 hour stretching and weight training session
  5. Got the house super organised
  6. Tidied 3 acres of garden (big garden)
  7. Looked after 1 cat, 2 ducks, 10 tropical fish
  8. As it was technically a Sunday, I also processed Sunday's list (to follow)
  9. 9 hours of solid work
  10. Watched 1 hour of TV
  11. Posted 5 blog topics
I have no kids at home but I do live with overseas students and I do most of the house work as everyone is studying. This lifestyle I have is only manageable because I am super organised.

9 Lunches in 30 Minutes



As per my blog: 10: Premade Lunches I have prepared 9 lunches. There are three people I am cooking for and I have a kitchen management strategy:
  1. No breakfast as we are all Intermittent Fasting
  2. You can have a breakfast as there are items available but you get it and tidy up after yourself
  3. Black fresh ground and filtered coffee in the morning with no sugar
  4. I premake significant lunches that are a whole meal
  5. If you are hungry, just eat the meal. Else hold off eating for as long as you can
  6. I do not put high glycemic index foods in the lunches (such as sugar) so they will not make you crash
  7. I do put at least 25 gms of protein in each meal
  8. Each meal is pretty close to containing all the essential and non essential minerals and vitamins
  9. We drink mineral water only sometimes with lemon and himalayan salt
  10. When you come home dinner is only 15 minutes away as I have pre-prepared everything
  11. Everyone chips in to getting dinner done, and the kitchen tidy
In the long run, no one is hungry, fatigued, or disorganised when it comes to the home and meal environment.
Outside of my organisation of the house, people do what they like which includes drinking, smoking, eating snacks, and staying up late. You just have to let people live as they want to. Just because I am setting a process in motion does not mean everyone has to follow it.

8:00 am, I have to work just like everybody else... or do I?

No comments:

Post a Comment