Tuesday 5 November 2019

28: How To Break Out of Sedentariness

Before you read this blog:
It is 4:15 am on Tuesday. I have just spent an hour updating blogs. It's nice and warm in bed. I don't want to get up. But I know if I do, and I go exercise, this day will be better.

This is the choice you need to make. Ignore the 'comfort' message and get into life :)

Yesterday I made a list of everything I need to do. Now I just need to finish it. One of my first new initiatives kicked in yesterday. Buying groceries online. Saved so much time ;) I just have to place my shopping order for today and then one on Friday and we are set for all meals. No more hassles regarding food shop.

So many new things to discover and I am only 58! Today shapes how tomorrow will be.

I normally have bags of energy. I wake up and just want to get going. Everyone who knows me thinks I am unusual in this trait but I don't think we are any different other than:

  1. I try not to drink alcohol
  2. I drink water
  3. I eat clean and intermittent fast
  4. I have perfected sleep
  5. I plan a lot to be ahead
  6. When I wake up I don't get caught up in thoughts or concerns as I have a plan and this makes me relax

But I consider the main point of difference is exercise. Everything else is massively important but without exercise, I get sluggish. My body kind of aches. Not a painful ache but a feeling of tiredness and where movement is an effort. My breathing is also affected. It gets slower and I feel like I have more breathing obstructions.

I only notice these things because I don't normally have them.

However; a recent trip to Thailand saw me do something silly where I tore my left soleus and gastroc muscle, in my calf, and I was/am out of cardio action for over a month now. Consequently I am not my usual self.
I can tell I am becoming sedentary and it's time to break out of it. My leg is good but still hurts. So how to get back into cardio?

I am going to drive to my 24 hr gym and do an hour of low impact biking. The trick will be to;

  1. Gently exercise my leg and get the mind muscle connection back
  2. Get my heart rate up

Even with all my planning in motion I am not switched 100% over to it all yet so I still feel anxious about things I have to do. Put the thoughts aside. Get your metabolic functions back on track.

How to Break Out of Sedentariness?

The important thing is to switch off the tiredness, and get into exercise. It will automatically cause you to move out of the place that is holding you back.



No comments:

Post a Comment